You can monitor and collect metrics for your application services and operating systems.
The following flowchart describes how you can set up vRealize Operations for application monitoring.
Follow these steps to monitor applications.
- Configure cloud proxy on which the AppOS adapter instance is created.
For more information, see Configuring Cloud Proxies in vRealize Operations.
- Configure a vCenter Server cloud account.
For more information, see Configure a vCenter Server Cloud Account in vRealize Operations
- Complete all the prerequisites.
For more, see Prerequisites.
- Install agents on selected VMs.
For more information, see Install an Agent from the UI.
- Activate an application service.
For more information, see Activate an Application Service
- View the summary of application services and operating systems discovered in vRealize Operations.
For more information about monitoring your applications in vRealize Operations, see Summary of Discovered and Supported Operating Systems and Application Services.