You must compress the source virtual machine package in TAR (.tar) format so that end users can easily download the virtual machine. A virtual machine package (sometimes called a bundle) includes all of the virtual machine files that are required to run a virtual machine.
- Create the source virtual machine. See Create a Source Virtual Machine in Fusion Pro or Create a Source Virtual Machine in Workstation Pro (Not included in Horizon FLEX).
- Create and configure a download folder for your Horizon FLEX virtual machine packages. See Create a Download Folder for Horizon FLEX Virtual Machine Packages and Configure the IIS SSL Server Certificate for the Horizon FLEX Server.
- If the source virtual machine is running, shut it down.
- In Fusion Pro or Workstation Pro, navigate to the source virtual machine.
and export the source virtual machine package to a TAR file. Remove any spaces from the TAR file name. Removing spaces from the file name can make it easier to connect to the download URL for the virtual machine.
- Export the TAR file to your Horizon FLEX virtual machine packages download folder.
What to do next
Register the source virtual machine with the Horizon FLEX Policy Server. See Register a Source Virtual Machine with the Horizon FLEX Policy Server.