How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for NetApp HCI accesses the HCI Element OS API to import NetApp HCI storage-related resources, relationships, metrics, and alerts into vRealize Operations, enabling comprehensive monitoring and troubleshooting, while providing visibility into the virtual layer within vROps.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring your NetApp HCI storage devices from within vRealize Operations, see the following topics:
- Review theSystem Requirements (NetApp HCI) and ensure you have performed the necessary prerequisite tasks:
- Have your NetApp HCI/HCI cluster hostname and user name and password available.
- Ensure you have completed Assigning User Privileges (NetApp HCI).
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (NetApp HCI).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (NetApp HCI). If you encounter any Test Connection errors when configuring, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (NetApp HCI).
- Start using the management pack. See: Using the Management Pack (NetApp HCI).