The Site Recovery Manager upgrade procedure preserves information from existing installations.
Site Recovery Manager preserves settings and configurations that you created for the previous release.
- Datastore groups
- Protection groups
- Inventory mappings
- Recovery plans
- IP customizations for individual virtual machines
- Custom roles and their memberships
- Site Recovery Manager object permissions in vSphere
- Custom alarms and alarm actions
- Test plan histories
- Security certificates
- Mass IP customization files (CSVs)
During an upgrade, Site Recovery Manager does not retain any advanced settings that you configured in the previous installation. This is by design.