After you approve the app from the Google Play Store, you will be redirected to the AirWatch Console to assign the applications to smart groups on the assignment tab.
- Configure the following details from the Assignment tab.
Setting Description Assigned Smart Groups Select an existing smart group or create a new one.
Restrict To Devices That Support Silent Activity
Assign this application to those Android devices that support the Android silent uninstallation feature.
AirWatch cannot silently install or uninstall public applications but this option lets you control what applications you push to your Android standard devices or your Android enterprise devices. Android enterprise devices support silent activity.
View Device Assignment View the list of devices available by assigned smart groups. App Delivery Method
Set the application to install automatically (auto) or manually (on demand) when needed.
On Demand – Deploys content to a catalog or other deployment agent and lets the device user decide if and when to install the content.
This option is the best choice for content that is not critical to the organization. Allowing users to download the content when they want helps conserve bandwidth and limits unnecessary traffic.
Automatic – Deploys content to a catalog or other deployment agent on a device upon enrollment. After the device enrolls, the system prompts users to install the content on their devices.
This option is the best choice for content that is critical to your organization and its mobile users.
Managed Access Enable adaptive management to set AirWatch to manage the device so that the device can access the application. App Tunneling Configure a VPN at the application level, and select the Per-App VPN Profile. Users access the application using a VPN, which helps ensure that application access and use is trusted and secure. Send Application Configuration
Enable this feature to configure specific application options and send the configurations to devices with the application, automatically. Users do not have to configure these specified values on their devices, manually.
Application uses AirWatch SDK
Identify whether the application uses AirWatch SDK functionality and whether it needs a profile to apply the features.
This feature is optional and advanced. For more information on the default settings for profiles, please see Advanced Application Management.
- Select the profile from the SDK Profile drop-down menu. This profile applies the features configured in Settings & Policies (Default) or the features configured in individual profiles configured in Profiles.
- Select the certificate profile from the Application Profile drop-down menu so that the application and AirWatch communicate securely.
Deploy applications to those special use cases that can develop within an organization.
- Apply User Groups and Device Ownership types to your exceptions in the Criteria area.
- Select an Override Value to create specific exceptions to the options. Override Value options vary depending on the platform.
- Select Save & Publish to make the application available to end users.