On the App Volumes Entity details page, depending on the entity type, you can view the entity name, application and AppStack assigned to the entity, list of packages attached to the entity, and Writable Volumes created for the entity.
- Entity types are
- The Attachments count for the
Computerentity on the Manage Computer page is a sum total of attached volumes to the computer. The volumes can be assigned to any entity (
However, Attachments count for the
Userentity on the Manage User page includes only the volumes assigned to the
For example: Consider a notepad application assigned to a user and a video application assigned to a computer,
system. If the user logs into
system, then the Attachments count for the computer is
2whereas for the user, the count is
- For an application package delivered as On-demand to an entity, you can observe the change in the attachment and attachment count for the entity only when the end user launches the application's shortcut. For more information about this behavior, see the characteristics section in Understanding Package Delivery Modes in App Volumes.
- When multiple users have the same application package assignment and receive this application in a multi-session environment, package attachment on the DIRECTORY → COMPUTERS page is displayed for every user logged into the RDSH server. As a result, the attachment count is considered separately for every user.
For more information about user-assigned applications delivered in a multi-session environment, see App Volumes Support in a Multi-Session Environment.
- Using the Managed Entity page, you can assign an application package to an entity and unassign an application package from an entity.
For more information about performing assign and unassign operations using this page, see Use the Active Directory Entity Page for Application Assignment.
- From App Volumes Manager, go to .
- On the Managed Entity page, view the list of entities displayed.
- To view the entity details, click an entity name.
For non-computer entities (
OUs), the Application Assignments section also includes the computer prefix information.
The computer prefix information is displayed when the Limit delivery for these assignments option is selected when assigning an application to an entity. For more information about the limit delivery option, see Application Assignment to Specific Computers.
Similarly, you can also unassign the attachment from the entity for a specific computer. The prefix of the computer name is displayed in the Computers column in the Application Assignments table. For more information about the Computers column, see View Assignments.