You can use this page to assign an App Volumes application to an entity and unassign an application from an entity when the application is already packaged and you need to perform only assign or unassign operations.
To perform assign and unassign operations when an application is not yet packaged, see Assign an Application to an Entity and Unassign an Application from an Entity respectively.
From the Entity page, you can assign only application packages marked as
- If the application is in a synchronization relationship with the source instance and the assignment synchronization is activated, then you cannot perform the assign operation from this instance (target). Hence, the application is not displayed on this page.
For more information about the criteria for assignment synchronization, see Criteria for Application Synchronization.
- When assigning an application, depending on your requirement, you can select the Limit delivery for these assignments option with the assignment.
Note: This option is available only for non-computer entities (
When this option is selected, the Application Assignments section on the Entity details page displays the computer prefix information.
For more information about the limit delivery option, see Application Assignment to Specific Computers.
- When assigning an application, depending on your requirement, you can select the Do not deliver for these assignments at startup or login option with the assignment.
For more information about this option, see Assign an Application to an Entity.
- From App Volumes Manager, go to
Entity details are displayed.
- On the Managed Entity page, click the entity name.
- On the Entity details page, you can assign and unassign application packages for an entity:
Option Procedure Assign an application to an entity
- Click Assign Application.
- Select the desired application.
- Click Assign.
Unassign an application from an entity
- Select an application and click Unassign.
If the entity belongs to
Usersand has received this application as part of
OUs, then you cannot unassign this application from the entity.
If the application assignment has a value displayed in the Computers column, then this value indicates that the selected application assignment is removed from that computer only.
For more information about unassigning an application from an entity, see Unassign an Application from an Entity.
- On the Entity details page, you can also assign and unassign an AppStack:
Option Procedure Assign an AppStack to an entity Click Assign AppStack and perform the remaining steps as mentioned in Assigning and Attaching AppStacks.
Only AppStacks in the
Enabledstatus can be assigned to the entity from the Entity page.
Unassign an AppStack from an entity Select the AppStack and click Unassign.
All AppStacks assigned to the entity are displayed.