You can add a widget to an existing dashboard in VMware Aria Operations for Logs (SaaS). Each widget is associated with a query or one or more alerts.
Verify that you have the permission to modify the dashboard. For more information about dashboard types and permissions, see Working with Dashboards.
- To add a widget based on a new query:
- Expand the main menu and click Explore Logs.
- Enter a query and click the Search button to view the results.
Select a time period and use filters for more specific query results. For more information, see Searching for Logs.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click the three dots icon and select Add to Dashboard.
- In the Add Widget to Dashboard pop-up window, enter the name, type, and description for the widget to add to the dashboard. This widget is based on the query that you entered in the Explore Logs page.
- Under the widget details, click Private Dashboard or Shared Dashboard, based on the type of dashboard you are adding the widget to.
- Select a dashboard from the Choose Dashboard drop-down menu and click Add.
- To add a widget based on a saved query or an alert:
- Expand the main menu and click Dashboards.
- Click the name of a dashboard. You can search for a dashboard by entering keywords in the search text box or by using the sort, list, or filter functionalities.
- In the upper-right corner, click the three dots icon and click Edit.
- Drag a query or alert from the left pane to the dashboard. Each alert or query that you drag corresponds to a widget, and the widget name and description are copied accordingly.
Tip: Alternatively, you can add a widget based on multiple alerts in . Select one or more alerts and click . Enter the details in the pop-up window, similar to the details for adding a widget based on a new query. Click Add.
- Click Save.