You can monitor application services in VMware Aria Operations. You can also manage the life cycle of agents on end point VMs.
For example, as an administrator, you might need to ensure that the infrastructure provided for running the application services is sufficient and that there are no problems. If you receive a complaint that a particular application service is not working properly or is slow, you can troubleshoot by looking at the infrastructure on which the application is deployed. You can view important metrics related to the applications and share the information with the team managing the applications. You can use VMware Aria Operations to deploy the agents and send the related application data to VMware Aria Operations. You can view the data in VMware Aria Operations and share it with the team so that they can troubleshoot the application service.
You can conduct remote checks, monitor Windows services and Linux processes, monitor operating systems and applications, and run custom scripts in VMware Aria Operations.
High Availability for Application Monitoring
- Cloud proxies in an application monitoring high availability activated collector group work in a primary-secondary mode.
- You cannot convert an existing Telegraf agent on an end point VM to high availability. To convert an existing end point VM to high availability, you must install or re-install the agent with an application monitoring high availability activated collector group.
- You will lose all application data when you add a cloud proxy used by Telegraf agents, to the application monitoring high availability activated collector group.
- Failover or failback has a downtime of three collection cycles.
- Addition or removal of a cloud proxy from the application monitoring high availability activated collector has a downtime of three collection cycles.
- Activate high availability for specific cloud proxies when you add a collector group. For more information, see Adding a Collector Group.
- (Optional) You can view the cloud proxies that are configured for high availability from the Cloud Proxies page. For more information, see Monitoring the Health of Cloud Proxies.
- While installing an agent, select a collector group that has application monitoring high availability activated. For more information, see Install an Agent From the UI.
- (Optional) You can view the following agent details such as:
- If high availability is activated for the collector group (Collector Group column).
- The virtual IP configured on an application monitoring high availability activated collector group to which VMs send data (Virtual IP details column).
- The IP address of the primary cloud proxy that is collecting data (Cloud Proxy column).
You can view these details from the Manage Telegraf Agents page ( ). For more information, see Additional Operations from the Manage Telegraf Agents Page.