Use this procedure to create a new sensor group and enable an automatic policy assignment to the sensors in that group. Sensors that match the defined criteria are automatically added to the sensor group.
- You can create a new sensor group from multiple locations:
The Add Sensor Group window displays.
- Select Inventory>Sensor Groups, and then click Add Group in the upper-right corner.
- Select Inventory>Endpoints, and then click Add Group in the upper-right corner.
- Specify the following information regarding the new sensor group:
- Name: Enter a unique name for the sensor group. This is a required field.
- Under Criteria, specify:
- The sensor operating system, if any. You can select a specific OS type and a particular OS version.
- Additional criteria. If defined, you can specify whether sensors need to match any or all of the defined criteria.
You can specify Active Directory requirements or specific subnets or device names.
When establishing criteria for sensors to be a part of a sensor group, the device name is case-sensitive. To specify multiple OUs or other criteria, add each specification as a distinct criteria and select all. Do not specify multiple criteria on a single line separated by commas.
Subnet criteria using CIDR notation can range from 1 to 24 bits.
For additional information, see: Sensor Group Criteria Configuration Details
- Under Policy Criteria, select the policy from the drop-down list that is applied to all sensors in the group.
- Click Save.
Sensor Group Criteria Configuration Details
Use this reference for additional criteria when defining sensor groups.
Use of Logical Operators for Sensor Group Criteria
- all - corresponds to AND logical operator
- any - corresponds to OR logical operator.
Depending on the selected logical operator, all lines will be interpreted either with AND or with OR logic.
Additionally, the following string searching options are available for use:
- is equal to
- is not equal to
- starts with
- ends with.
Active Directory Criteria Configuration
The criteria for sensor groups based on the Active Directory Domain are processed in the Carbon Black Cloud console by considering the Active Directory Domain Components.
The Active Directory domains are interpreted in the Carbon Black Cloud console as their components, not as the full URLs.