It is important that you keep your sensor versions up-to-date. There are several ways to update sensors.
- Update sensors on selected endpoints through the Carbon Black Cloud console. See:
- Reinstall the sensors.
- Use third party tools such as SCCM or GPO; see:
- Update a sensor by double-clicking the new installer package or by issuing a command on the command line. Standard command line options are applicable. Command line options from the first install persist across updates.
- To update a Windows sensor through the command line, see Update Windows Sensors on Endpoints through the Command Line.
- To update a Linux sensor through the command line, see Update Linux Sensors on Endpoints through the Command Line.
- To update a macOS sensor through the command line, simply reinstall the sensor. See Installing macOS Sensors on Endpoints and macOS Sensor Command Line Install.