After you deploy the OVF Template for the primary appliance, you must continue to the configuration phase in the appliance management user interface of the primary VMware Cloud Director appliance instance.
Power on the newly created virtual machine.
Familiarize yourself with the Preparing the Transfer Server Storage for the VMware Cloud Director Appliance topic.
- Open a Web browser and navigate to https://Primary-Appliance-eth1-IP-Address:5480.
- Log in to the appliance management user interface of the primary appliance instance.
The Primary Appliance System Setup page appears.
- In section Appliance Settings, configure the appliance details and click Next.
NFS mount for transfer file location
The location of the NFS shared transfer server storage. VMware Cloud Director validates the location and displays a green check mark if the NFS mount is validated.
DB password for the 'vcloud' user
The password for the vcloud PostgreSQL database user.
Confirm DB password
Confirmation of the password for the vcloud PostgreSQL database user.
Participate in the Customer Experience Improvement Program
Activates or deactivates the participation in the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- In the Administrator Account section, configure the system administrator details and click Next.
The user name for the system administrator account. Defaults to
The password for the system administrator account. The password must be between 6 and 128 characters long.
Confirm the password for the system administrator account.
The full name of the system administrator. Defaults to
The email address of the system administrator.
- In the VMware Cloud Director Settings section, configure the installation of this instance.
The name for the vCenter Server folder to create for this VMware Cloud Director installation.
The ID for this VMware Cloud Director installation to use when you create MAC addresses for virtual NICs. Defaults to
If you plan to create stretched networks across VMware Cloud Director installations in multisite deployments, consider setting a unique installation ID for each VMware Cloud Director installation.
- Click Submit and when the system setup finishes, click OK.
If the deployment is successful, the Embedded Database Availability and Services tabs appear.
What to do next
Deploy a standby or application cell. See Start the VMware Cloud Director Appliance Deployment.