You perform configuration of the Virtual Machine Network port group for each ESXi host by using the VMware Host Client.
You configure the VLAN ID of the VM Network port group on the vSphere Standard Switch. This configuration provides connectivity to the Management network to allow communication to the vCenter Server Appliance during the automated deployment.
Repeat this procedure for each host that you are adding to the workload domain.
- In a web browser, log in to the ESXi host using the VMware Host Client.
- Click OK to join the Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Configure a VLAN for the VM Network port group.
- In the navigation pane, click Networking.
- Click the Port groups tab, select the VM network port group, and click Edit Settings.
- On the Edit port group - VM network page, enter the Management Network VLAN ID, and click Save.
- Repeat this procedure for all remaining hosts.