Billing for VMware Cloud on AWS is handled through VMware Cloud services.
Your billing cycle begins on the day of the month when the first service for your organization was set up. For example, if you set up the first service in your organization on the 15th of the month, your billing cycle runs from the 15th of the month through the 14th of the following month.
Host usage for VMware Cloud on AWS is tracked in alignment with your billing cycle. The host usage shown on your bill is the entirety of your host usage during the billing period.
Other types of usage, including data transfer out and IP address usage and remaps, are received on the 5th of each month and include usage up to the last day of the previous month. For these types of usage, there is a time lag between when the usage occurs and when it shows up on your bill. The amount of time lag depends on where the beginning of your billing cycle is in relation to the 5th of the month.
For example, consider two users, Alice and Bob. Alice's billing cycle begins on the 3rd of the month, while Bob's billing cycle begins on the 12th.
- Host usage from May 3 through June 2
- Other usage from April 1 through April 30
- Host usage from May 12 through June 11
- Other usage from May 1 through May 31
- ♦ View your bill as described in https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-services/services/Using-VMware-Cloud-Services/GUID-B57490E3-1916-4214-B193-9D9E7AF3B10A.html.