Use the Storage tab of the VMware Cloud Console to add customer-managed storage to an SDDC cluster.
VMware Cloud on AWS supports external storage starting with SDDC version 1.20. For information about upgrading an SDDC, see Submit an Upgrade Schedule Request.
- VPC Peering for External NFS Storage
- Beginning with SDDC version 1.20, you can request a VPC peering connection to external NFS storage. The SDDC must be a Single-AZ SDDC. The VPC peered with the SDDC cannot have an IP address that overlaps with the SDDC CIDR and must be in the same AWS region as the SDDC. See Introducing VPC Peering for External Storage for more information.
- SIOC (storage I/O control) is not supported for use in VMware Cloud on AWS datastores and will be automatically disabled.
- Integrated services that do not support NFS Datastores
- VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery
- VMware Site Recovery
- Tanzu Services