After you have completed the preparation steps, you can run the Horizon Agents Installer on the template VM.
There are three possible scenarios when running the Horizon Agents Installer:
- Install on Windows desktop.
- Install on Windows server as a Personal Desktop (Non-RDSH)
- Install on Windows server as an RDSH Role
For currently supported versions of Windows, see the VMware Knowledge Base.
- Installing a version of the Horizon Agents Installer that is older than the most recent version of the Horizon Agents Installer can cause problems subsequently when you create RDS pools based on the image VM. In this situation, when you create a new RDS pool, the system can allow you to select HTML Access (Blast) as a protocol, but this selection will not be applied to the pool even though it appears to have been applied successfully.
- The Help Desk Plugin option is installed by default. If you choose not to install this option, performance-related metrics from user sessions in the desktop instances or farm server instances based on this image are not collected. As a result, some data will not be available in the user card for such sessions. For details, see The User Card in the Horizon Cloud Administration Console.
- The vRealize Operations Desktop Agent option is installed by default. If you choose not to install this option, activity-related data from user sessions in the desktop instance or farm server instances based on this image is not reported to the system. As a result, data from end-user activity and other types of desktop activity will not be displayed in reports in the Administration Console.