You install the VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.1 patch and pre-patch by using the viopatch utility.
The pre-patch contains an update to the viopatch utility. You must install the pre-patch before installing the patch.
- Download the VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.1 patch and pre-patch from VMware Integrated OpenStack download page. The patch and pre-patch are delivered as DEB files.
- Verify that your environment meets the requirements for VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.1. See Hardware Requirements for VMware Integrated OpenStack and Software Requirements for VMware Integrated OpenStack.
- Verify that the network ports required for VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.1 are open. See Required Network Ports.
- Ensure that your current deployment is running VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.0. If you are running an older version, follow the procedure described in Upgrade VMware Integrated OpenStack.
- In the vSphere Web Client, take a snapshot of the OpenStack Management Server virtual machine.
- Transfer the patch and pre-patch files to the OpenStack Management Server virtual machine.
- Log in to the OpenStack Management Server as
- Add and install the pre-patch file.
sudo viopatch add -l path/vio-pre-patch-4.1_18.104.22.16838136_all.deb sudo viopatch install -p vio-pre-patch-4.1 -v 22.214.171.12438136
You can run the sudo viopatch list command at any time to display all added patches and the corresponding version.
- Take a snapshot of the OpenStack deployment.
sudo viopatch snapshot takeNote: This command stops OpenStack services. Services will be started again when the patch is installed.
- Add and install the VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.1 patch file.
sudo viopatch add -l path/vio-patch-4.1_126.96.36.19938136_all.deb sudo viopatch install -p vio-patch-4.1 -v 188.8.131.5238136
What to do next
After you have validated that the patched version is operating correctly, you can run sudo viopatch snapshot remove to delete the snapshot. This action is destructive and cannot be reversed. You cannot roll back after deleting the snapshot.
If you need to roll back to the previous version, see Roll Back a VMware Integrated OpenStack Patch.