You upgrade to VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.1 by installing the new version and migrating your existing deployment.
- Download the VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.1 OVA from the product download page. The file requires approximately 6 GB of storage space.
- Verify that your environment meets the requirements for VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.1. See Hardware Requirements for VMware Integrated OpenStack and Software Requirements for VMware Integrated OpenStack.
- Verify that the network ports required for VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.1 are open. See Required Network Ports.
- Prepare sufficient resources to make a duplicate of every node in your current deployment. If you want to upgrade a compact deployment to an HA deployment, you will need additional resources. See Hardware Requirements for VMware Integrated OpenStack.
- Record any custom changes made to the OpenStack deployment outside of the custom.yml and custom-playbook.yml files. Any customizations not included in these files will not take effect on the new version and must be configured again on the new deployment once the upgrade is complete.
- Ensure that no internal OpenStack management workloads are running.
- If you have configured floating IP addresses on a router with source NAT disabled, enable source NAT or remove the floating IP addresses before upgrading to version 4.1. Floating IP addresses are no longer supported on routers with source NAT disabled.
- Ensure that your current deployment is running VMware Integrated OpenStack 3.1. If you are running an older version, upgrade to version 3.1 first. If you are running VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.0, follow the procedure described in Patch VMware Integrated OpenStack.