Before upgrading, ensure that your management and API access networks include sufficient IP addresses to support the existing and new deployments concurrently.
In VMware Integrated OpenStack 7.0.1, each worker node requires one IP address on the management network and one IP address on the API access network. This means that the management and API access networks require at least three available IP addresses each for HA deployments and at least one available IP address each for non-HA deployments.
The IP addresses that you configure in this procedure are permanent. After you migrate to the new deployment, these IP addresses will be used instead of the IP addresses assigned to your existing deployment. You will need to update any DNS entries or other references to VMware Integrated OpenStack IP addresses once the upgrade is finished.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Click OpenStack Deployments and open the Manage tab.
- On the Networks tab, click the Options (three dots) icon next to the management network and select Add IP Range.
- Specify an IP address range for the management network of the new deployment.
The management network cannot include more than 100 IP addresses.
- Click the Options (three dots) icon next to the API access network and select Add IP Range.
- Specify an IP address range for the API access network of the new deployment.
The API access network cannot include more than 100 IP addresses.