URL analysis allows administrators to gain insight into the type of websites accessed within the organization, and understand the reputation and risk of the accessed websites.
- URL analysis is available on gateway firewall.
- The management interface IP of edge nodes must have Internet connectivity.
- DNS server must be configured on edge nodes.
- After enabling URL analysis, check that the connection is UP, and that the URL database is not 0.0.0.0.
Configure URL analysis and analyze traffic for external websites:
- Ensure that DNS is configured on an edge node. See Create an NSX Edge Transport Node in the NSX-T Data Center Installation Guide.
- Enable URL Analysis. URL Settings
- (Optional) Configure custom URL Analysis profiles. Context Profiles
- Create a Layer 7 DNS Rule
- Generate traffic for external websites.
- Review the URL Analysis dashboard. URL Analysis Dashboard