After you have migrated the configuration, you can migrate the NSX-v Edge Services Gateway to NSX-T Data Center.
If you have no Edge Services Gateway appliances in your topology, you must still click Start so that you can proceed to the Migrate Hosts step.
- All configuration issues must be resolved.
- The configuration of NSX-v objects and vRealize Automation created resources must be migrated to NSX-T.
- Verify that the migrated configurations are shown in the NSX Manager UI or API of NSX-T Data Center.
- Verify that you have a backup of NSX-v and vSphere since the most recent configuration changes were made.
- If you are using new IP addresses for the NSX-T Edge node uplinks, you must configure the northbound routers with these new BGP neighbor IP addresses.
- Verify that you have created an IP pool for Edge Tunnel End Points (TEP). See Create an IP Pool for Edge Tunnel End Points.
- Logical router interfaces created in NSX-T use the global default MTU setting, which is 1500. If you want to ensure that all logical router interfaces have a larger MTU, you can change the global default MTU setting. For more information, see Modify NSX Edge Node Configuration Before Migrating Edges.
- From the Migrate Edges page, click Start.
All Edges are migrated. The uplinks on the NSX-v Edge Services Gateways are internally disconnected, and the uplinks on the NSX-T Edge nodes are brought online.
- Verify that routing and services are working correctly in the new NSX-T Data Center environment.
If so, you can migrate the hosts. See Configuring NSX Data Center for vSphere Host Migration.
- The routing and service configuration from NSX-v Edge Services Gateway (ESG) are transferred to the newly created NSX-T Data Center Edge nodes.
- The new TEP IP addresses for the newly created NSX-T Data Center Edge nodes are configured from a newly created IP pool for Edge Tunnel End Points.
What to do next
Optional: Download and review the partial output mapping file after migrating the NSX-v Edge Services Gateways. However, no new information is added to the partial mapping file after the Migrate Edges step is completed.