You can update the form factor that you selected when you last deployed the NSX Application Platform. You can only update the form factor from a Standard form factor to an Advanced form factor.
- You must have Enterprise Admin privileges.
- Ensure that no active alarms exist on the NSX Application Platform.
- Verify that the minimum number of nodes required for the Advanced form factor has been configured by your infrastructure administrator. See NSX Application Platform System Requirements for more information.
- From your browser, log in with Enterprise Admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Navigate to .
- In the bottom-left corner of the NSX Application Platform section, click Actions and select Update Form Factor from the drop-down menu.
- Review the information provided in the Update Form Factor dialog box and perform any additional tasks before proceeding to the next steps.
- Click Go to Settings.
- In the NSX Application Platform Settings page, navigate to the Form Factor section and select the new form factor. For example, select Advanced.
- Click Next.
- In the Precheck Platform tab, click Run Prechecks.
The system updates precheck table with the status of each precheck performed. If the system encounters any issues, it provides error or warning links in the Details column. Review the information provided for the error and address them, if required, before continuing with the form factor update.
- After the system completes all the prechecks successfully, click Next.
- In the Review & Update tab, review the details and if everything looks correct, click Update.
The system displays the progress bar while updating the form factor. If an error occurs, the system displays an error message with more information.
If there are any errors, take the necessary actions to correct the issue and retry updating the form factor again.
- Click Close when the system displays a message when the form factor update completed successfully.