An Elastic Network Interface (ENI) is a virtual network interface that can be attached to an ECS instance in a VPC. This topic describes how to create an ENI in the ECS console.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Network & Security > .
The Network Interfaces page appears.
- Click Create ENI.
The Create ENI page appears.
- Provide the following configuration details.
- In the Network Interface Name text box, enter a unique name for the ENI.
- From the VPC drop-down menu, select the same VPC associated with the instance to which you want the ENI to be bound. When you attach an ENI to an instance, they must be in the same VPC.
Note: After an ENI is created, you cannot change the VPC.
- From the VSwitch drop-down menu, select the VSwitch to which you want the ENI to be bound. When you attach an ENI to an instance, they must be in the same zone, but they do not have to be in the same VSwitch.
Note: After an ENI is created, you cannot change the VSwitch.
- From the Security Group drop-down menu, select your security group in the selected VPC.
- Click OK.
On the Network Interfaces page, click Refresh to view the newly created ENI instance.
What to do next
- After creating an ENI, you can attach an ENI to an Edge instance. For steps, see Bind an ENI to an Edge instance.