To provision a SD-WAN Edge, perform the steps on this procedure.
Ensure you have the SD-WAN Orchestrator host name and admin account to login.
- Log in to the SD-WAN Orchestrator application as Admin user, with your login credentials.
- Go to Configure > Edges.
- Click New Edge.
The Provision New Edge dialog box appears.
- In the Name text box, enter a unique name for the Edge.
- From the Model drop-down menu, select Virtual Edge.
- From the Profile drop-down menu, select Quick Start Profile and click Create.
The Edge is provisioned, and the activation key is displayed on the top of the page. Make a note of the activation key to use it for launching the Edge from the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Console.
- Configure Virtual Edge interfaces. The following steps are explained considering Topology A.
- Click the Device tab and go to the Interface Settings area.
- Update configurations of Virtual Edge interfaces (GE1 Interface, GE2 Interface, and GE3 Interface by clicking the Edit corresponding to the interface and then selecting the Override Interface checkbox, as follows:
- Change GE1 interface capability to Routed and disable WAN Overlay and NAT Direct Traffic.
- Change GE2 interface capability to Routed and ensure WAN Overlay and NAT Direct Traffic are enabled.
- For GE3 interface, disable WAN Overlay and NAT Direct Traffic, which will be the next hop for devices connected to Private VPC subnets (LAN devices).
A Virtual Edge is provisioned on SD-WAN Orchestrator.