You can add or remove virtual machines in a vSphere Replication protection group. You can also change the name and description of a vSphere Replication protection group.
You created a vSphere Replication protection group.
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair and click View Details.
- Select the Protection Groups tab, right-click a protection group and select Edit.
- (Optional) Change the name or description of the protection group and click Next.
You cannot change the Direction or Location settings.
- Modify the virtual machines that the protection group contains.
- For vSphere Replication protection groups, select or deselect virtual machines to add them to or remove them from the protection group, and click Next.
- Review the settings and click Finish to apply the settings.
You cannot revert or cancel the changes while Site Recovery Manager updates the protection group.
If you configured site-wide inventory mappings, Site Recovery Manager applies the mappings to the virtual machines that you added to the protection group. If successful, the status for the virtual machines is OK.
If you have not configured site-wide inventory mappings, the status for the protection group is Not Configured and the status for the new virtual machines is Mapping Missing.
What to do next
If the status of the protection group is Not Configured and the status for the new virtual machines is Mapping Missing, apply inventory mappings to the virtual machines:
- To apply site-wide inventory mappings, or to check that inventory mappings that you have already set are valid, see Configure Inventory Mappings. To apply these mappings to all of the virtual machines, see Apply Inventory Mappings to All Members of a Protection Group.
- To apply inventory mappings to each virtual machine in the protection group individually, see Configure Inventory Mappings for an Individual Virtual Machine in a Protection Group.