If a site failure in Region A occurs, initiate disaster recovery of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager and of vRealize Operations Manager to keep the monitoring functionality of the SDDC running.
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Settings Value URL https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/ui User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Site Recovery inventory, on the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local site pane, click Open Site Recovery.
The Site Recovery page opens.
- Log in to the VMware Site Recovery Manager user interface by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_passwordNote: Authentication is required if the connection between the protected and the recovery sites has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- On the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local to sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local site pair pane, click View details.
- On the main navigation bar, click the Recovery plans tab and, in the left pane, navigate to .
- To initiate the failover of vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, click the Recovery steps tab and click Run.
The Recovery - SDDC Operations Management RP wizard opens.
- On the Confirmation options page, configure the settings for disaster recovery and click Next.
I understand that this process will permanently alter the virtual machines and infrastructure of both the protected and recovery datacenters.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish.
What to do next
- Verify that vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is up and operates correctly after a failover. See Verification of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager in the VMware Validated Design Operational Verification documentation.
- Verify that vRealize Operations Manager is up and operates correctly after a failover. See Verification of vRealize Operations Manager in the VMware Validated Design Operational Verification documentation. If vRealize Operations Manager is not operational, log in to the vRealize Operations Manager master node, take the cluster offline and then bring the cluster back online.
- Complete the SDDC configuration in Region B. See Post-Failover Configuration of the SDDC Management Applications.
- Prepare vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager for failback by reprotecting the virtual machines of the analytics cluster and the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager in Site Recovery Manager. See Reprotect Operations Management Applications.