Now that the servers have been installed and configured you must install the platform-specific agents on the devices so that they can be remotely managed with Workspace ONE Assist. You may also have to enable the device to accept remote control.
Install the Assist App for Windows and macOS
- Visit the https://my.workspaceone.com/products page that lists all the available device agents.
- Identify and download platform-specific Workspace ONE Assist agents that are applicable to your deployment.
With regard to the permission prompts for the Remote View and Remote Control functions on macOS devices, be aware of the following.
- macOS devices running version 10.13 (High Sierra) and 10.14 (Mojave) allow the Share Screen feature by default. No additional permissions are required to share the screen, therefore, no prompt is displayed at the beginning of a Share Screen session.
- For macOS devices running version 10.15 (Catalina), the Share Screen and Remote View features both require that you enable the Screen Recording permission to Workspace ONE Assist in the Privacy tab of Security & Privacy preferences, located in System Preferences. Only during the first time you initiate a Share Screen session with a qualifying macOS device, an access request popup displays including a convenience link to this privacy setting in System Preferences.
- Similarly, macOS devices running version 11 (Big Sur) or later must enable Screen Recording permission to Workspace ONE Assist for both Remote View and Share Screen features. This permission is configured in a slightly different way for version 11:
Enable Screen Recording by navigating to Lock icon to unlock the Privacy settings and enter the Administrator password. This is a one-time activation by the end user.then select the
Install the Assist App for iOS
iOS devices do not require a separate Assist application. The Assist libraries are built into the Intelligent Hub. To prepare your iOS devices to use the Remote View feature, see How Do You Enable Remote View For iOS Devices.
Install the Assist App for Android
To provide support for Android devices, VMware has partnered with many of the top Android device manufacturers to make OEM-specific service applications. Android devices by Samsung and Sony do not require this OEM-specific service application, as they include support for Assist out of the box.
If the launcher mode is enabled on Samsung devices, you must whitelist the following activities in order for you to be able to respond to the prompts during the installation of the Assist agent.
Note: Zebra devices with Android 10 (Q) or later also support Workspace ONE Assist out of the box. This support means customers do not need to deploy the Zebra-specific service application APK file on their Zebra devices running Android 10 (Q) or later.
Note: For Android Enterprise Enrolled BYOD Devices, see How Do You Enable Remote Control for Android Enterprise Enrolled BYOD Devices.
Note: For Android Enterprise Enrolled COPE Devices, see How Do You Enable Remote Control for Android Enterprise Enrolled COPE Devices.