When you start using the vRealize Log Insight Cloud service, you subscribe to the service for a trial period. When your trial subscription ends, if you are a VMware Cloud on AWS user, you can use the free VMware Cloud core features in the service or upgrade to a premium subscription. If you are not a VMware Cloud on AWS user, you must activate a standalone premium subscription to access all the features in the service.
You can view your subscription status and upgrade your subscription in the Subscriptions page.
When you start using the vRealize Log Insight Cloud service, you enter a free trial subscription period of 30 days. During this period, you can use all the features in the service. This subscription has a log retention period of 10 days and the following data limits:
- VMware Cloud on AWS users - 50 GB per day
- Non-VMware Cloud on AWS users - 10 GB per day
- If you are a VMware Cloud on AWS user and you need an extension beyond the free trial subscription period (30 days + 15 days grace period) or after the expiration of the trial, contact email@example.com. If you do not need an extension, you can continue with the VMware Cloud core subscription or upgrade to a premium subscription.
- If you are not a VMware Cloud on AWS user, you must upgrade to a standalone premium subscription to continue using vRealize Log Insight Cloud.
VMware Cloud Core Subscription
After the trial period, if you are a VMware Cloud on AWS user, the vRealize Log Insight Cloud service switches to a free subscription that includes the VMware Cloud core features. Because these features are included in your VMware Cloud on AWS subscription, you are not charged extra.
The following table lists the features included in this subscription:
|Log platform||Dashboard creation and sharing||Yes|
|Usage statistics and telemetry||Yes|
|Webhook and email notifications||Yes|
|Role-based access control||Yes|
|Metric extraction and forwarding||Yes|
|Log grouping and reduction||Yes|
|Log comparison and trends||Yes|
|Log agent management||Yes|
|Public query APIs||Yes|
|Log forwarding to on-premises and SaaS destinations||Yes|
|Log processing (filtering, masking, and tagging)||Yes|
Note: Archiving logs into a VMware-managed S3 bucket incurs additional costs.
|Log sources||VMware Cloud on AWS audit and activity logs||Yes|
|VMware Cloud on AWS events and alarms||Yes|
|VMware Cloud on AWS NSX-T firewall logs||Total 1 GB per day|
|VMware Cloud Services Platform audit logs|
|VMware on-premise product logs|
|Non-VMware logs (public cloud, apps, containers, and so on)|
|Log content packs||VMware Cloud on AWS audit log content packs||Yes|
|VMware log content packs (vSphere, vSAN, NSX-T, and so on)||No|
|Non-VMware log content packs (AWS, Microsoft, and so on)||No|
|Log retention||Query-able retention in platform||7 days|
Except for audit logs, activity logs, events, and alarms, this subscription consumes a total of 1 GB of logs per day. Warning messages appear when your daily data limit reaches 75% and 100%. Crossing the threshold limit of 1 GB stops the flow of logs into the vRealize Log Insight Cloud service. To use all the features of the service, you can upgrade to a premium subscription.
For information about the VMware Cloud on AWS audit events collected and analyzed by vRealize Log Insight Cloud, see Audit Logs for VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Expand the main menu and navigate to .
- Select a subscription of your choice.
- You can select an on-demand subscription if you have added a payment method, and you have both administrator and organization owner permissions.
- You can also select a subscription for a period of 1-2 years or 3-5 years. If you select either of these options, you can purchase the subscription in vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager.
A premium subscription has a log retention period of 30 days and provides unlimited data ingestion.
Billing for a premium subscription is handled through VMware Cloud Services. Your billing cycle begins on the day of the month when you upgrade to a premium subscription. For example, if you upgrade to a premium subscription on the 15th of the month, your billing cycle runs from the 15th of the month through the 14th of the following month.
Log volumes for vRealize Log Insight Cloud are tracked in alignment with your billing cycle. The log volume shown on your bill is the entirety of your log volume during the billing period.
For more information about billing, see Billing & Subscriptions in Using VMware Cloud.
The pricing for this subscription is based on the volume of logs consumed by vRealize Log Insight Cloud. The volume of logs billed per day is 1 GB less than the volume of logs consumed. For example, if the volume of logs consumed on a certain day is 5 GB, only 4 GB of logs is billed.
For information about the pricing, see https://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-log-insight.html.