Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- Log in to vRealize Operations as an admin user.
- Click the Administration icon. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select Lenovo Compute from the Solutions list.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Name list on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
Display Name: Enter a name for this particular instance of the Management Pack.
- Description: Optional field; most helpful for describing multiple adapter instances of the Management Pack.
- Host: The IP address of your XClarity system.
- Credential: Click the Add icon, then select the credential type. See Creating a Credential (Lenovo Compute).
- Collector: The collector you select determines which vRealize Operations Manager collector is used to manage the adapter processes. Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
- Port: 443
- SSL Configuration: Should be No Verify by default.
- Support Autodiscovery: This should be True by default.
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information.
- Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to do next
- To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (Lenovo Compute).