Before you can use vSphere ESXi Image Builder with the vSphere Web Client, you must verify that the service is enabled and running.
- Log in to your vCenter Server system by using the vSphere Web Client.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click Administration.
- Under System Configuration click Services.
- Select ImageBuilder Service, click the Actions menu, and select Edit Startup Type.
On Windows, the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service is disabled. In the Edit Startup Type window, select Manual or Automatic to enable Auto Deploy.
On the vCenter Server Appliance, the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service by default is set to Manual. If you want the service to start automatically upon OS startup, select Automatic.
If you select the manual startup type, you must start the service manually upon OS startup every time you want to use the service.
- (Optional) : Click the Start the service icon.
- (Optional) : If you want to use vSphere ESXi Image Builder with thevSphere Web Client, log out of the vSphere Web Client and log in again.
The Auto Deploy icon is visible on the Home page of the vSphere Web Client.