You can create a new image profile by using the vSphere Web Client instead of cloning an existing one. You might consider creating a new image profile if it differs significantly from the image profiles in your inventory.
Before you begin
Verify that the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service is enabled and running. See Configure the vSphere ESXi Image Builder Service Startup Type.
About this task
The acceptance level of the VIBs you add to the base image must be at least as high as the level of the base image. If you add a VIB with a lower acceptance level to the image profile, you must lower the image profile acceptance level. For more information, see Working with Acceptance Levels.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click Auto Deploy.
By default, only the Administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service.
- On the Software Depots tab, select the custom depot in which you want to create a new image profile.
- On the Image Profiles tab, click New Image Profile.
- Enter an image profile name, vendor, and description.
You must enter a unique image profile name.
- From the Software depot drop-down list, select in which custom depot to add the new image profile and click Next.
- (Optional) : From the drop-down list, select an acceptance level for the image profile.
- From the Available tab, select the VIBs that you want to add to the image profile and deselect the ones that you want to remove.
You can view the VIBs that will be added to the image profile from the Selected tab. You can filter the VIBs by software depot from the Software depot drop-down list on the Available tab.Note:
The image profile must contain a bootable ESXi image to be valid.
- Click Next.
vSphere ESXi Image Builder verifies that the change does not invalidate the profile. Some VIBs are dependent on others and will not be valid if you include them in an image profile separately. When you add or remove a VIB, vSphere ESXi Image Builder checks that package dependencies are met.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the summary information for the new image profile and click Finish.