Before you can work with software depots and customize image profiles, you must add one or more software depots to the vSphere ESXi Image Builder inventory. You can add a software depot by using the vSphere Web Client.
Verify that the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service is enabled and running. See Configure the vSphere ESXi Image Builder Service Startup Type.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click Auto Deploy.
By default, only the Administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service.
- On the Software Depots tab, click the Add Software Depot icon.
- Select the type of depot that you want to create.
Option Action Online Depot
- Enter the name of the depot in the inventory.
- Enter the URL of the online depot.
Custom Depot Enter the name of the depot in the inventory.
- Click OK.