By default Update Manager checks for notifications about patch recalls, patch fixes, and alerts at certain time intervals. You can modify this schedule.
Before you begin
To configure notification checks, make sure that the machine on which Update Manager is installed has Internet access.
About this task
- In the Home view of the vSphere Web Client, select the Update Manager icon.
- From the Objects tab, select an Update Manager instance.
The Objects tab also displays all the vCenter Server system to which an Update Manager instance is connected.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click Settings, and select Notification Check Schedule.
- Click Edit.
The Edit Notifications Check Schedule wizard opens.
- Select Enable scheduled task check box, and click Next.
If you deselect the check box, the scheduled task that checks for notifications is disabled. However, you can still force a check and download notifications by clicking the Download Now button in Download Settings pane.
- Specify a task name and, optionally, a description, or keep the defaults.
- Click Change to specify the time when notification checks run, and click OK.
The Configure Scheduler dialog box opens.
Run this action now
Runs the notification check immediately.
Schedule this option to run later
Runs the notification check at the time that you schedule for the task.
Setup a recurring schedule for this action
Runs the notification check recurrently at the frequency, interval, and start time that you schedule for the task.
- (Optional) : Specify one or more email addresses where notifications about patch recalls or email alerts are sent, and click Next.
You must configure mail settings for the vSphere Web Client system to enable this option. For more information, see vCenter Server and Host Management.
- Review the Ready to Complete page, and click Finish.
The task runs according to the time you specified.