You can view available vCenter Server updates and upgrades and produce interoperability reports about VMware products associated with vCenter Server. The reports help you plan vCenter Server updates and upgrades in your environment.
You can perform an interoperability check of VMware products within your environment againist both source and target vCenter Server versions. You can also generate a pre-update report to ensure your environment meets the minimum software and hardware requirements for a successful upgrade of vCenter Server. You can plan vCenter Server updates and upgrades based on the information in the reports you generate.
- Interoperability report for the current vCenter Server
- Lists VMware products in your environment and their compatibility with the current, or source, version of vCenter Server.
- Interoperability reports for target versions of vCenter Server
- Lists the VMware products in your environment and their compatibility againist the target version of vCenter Server to which you want to upgrade.
- Pre-update reports
- With the pre-update report, you can ensure that your system meets the minimum software and hardware requirements for a successful upgrade of vCenter Server. The report provides information about problems that might prevent the completion of a software upgrade, and actions you can take to remedy those problems.