The data transferred between vCloud Usage Meter and vCloud Usage Insight is anonymized to hide sensitive data like virtual machine name, host name, and user name. You can remove the anonymization of the Monthly Usage report and the Virtual Machine History report.
- You must have a password to log in to the vCloud Usage Meter console as root.
- You must start the SSHD service on the vCloud Usage Meter console.
- You must download the Monthly Usage report or the Virtual Machine History report.
- Log in to the vCloud Usage Meter console as usagemeter.
- Enter the /opt/vmware/cloudusagemetering directory.
- To deanonymize the anonymized Monthly Usage or Virtual Machine History report, run the command.
./scripts/report_deanonymize.sh [location_of_anonymized_report] [destination_for_de-anonymized_report]You can also run the script on a separate file that contains the anonymized data.A message displays. Your report was successfully deanonymized. The result is located at [location-of-deanonymized_report.txt]