To meter the product consumption data of vRealize Automation 8.x, you must add the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager associated with thevRealize Automation 8.x instance.
After registering the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager instance, vCloud Usage Meter automatically discoveres and starts collecting product consumption data from the associated vRealize Automation 8.x instance.
- Verify that the vRealize Automation certificate is FIPS compliant.
- Verify that the vRealize Automation 8.x instance is associated with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Verify that the authentication and authorization is setup correctly with the VMware Identity Manager instance associated with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Verify that you can log in to the browser-based administration interface hosted by the vRealize Automation appliance.
- Verify that you have a VMware vCenter Server or Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.) account endpoint added to your vRealize Automation 8.x instance.
- Verify that you have added the associated vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager instance to vCloud Usage Meter. For more information, see Add a vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Instance for Metering.
- Verify that vCloud Usage Meter can find the the vRealize Automation 8.x instance.
- In the main menu bar of the vCloud Usage Meter Web interface, click Products.
- Add the credentials for the vRealize Automation 8.x instance.
- In the left pane, navigate to .
- From the list with instances, select the vRealize Automation instance and review its status. The status can be Please accept certificate, Please enter credentials, or Connection error.
- (Optional) If the status is Please accept certificate, click to accept the product certificate. The status must change to Please enter credentials.
- Click Please enter credentials and provide the credentials for the vRealize Automation instance as configured in the VMware Identity Manager of the associated vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager instance.
- Click Save.
You successfully added the vRealize Automation to the list of instances. If an error occurs, an error message appears on the vRealize Automation page.