To begin metering vCenter Server, you must assign additional privileges to your read-only vCenter Server user.
- Verify that the vSphere administrator is not assigned with conflicting vCenter Server roles.
- Assign vCenter Server permissions at either a Global level or to an object in the object hierarchy.
For full information and best practices about authorization in vSphere, see vSphere Permissions and User Management Tasks in the vSphere Security guide.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client with your administrator credentials.
- Navigate to .
- Click the Create role action button.
- Configure the following permissions.
- Select .
- If the vCenter Server instance has vSAN enabled, select .
- Enter a name and a description for the new role and click Finish.
- Assign the new role to the user which you use for vCloud Usage Meter collection.
The server adds the selected permissions to the vCenter Server user.