Horizon FLEX is a combination of VMware components, including Mirage, Fusion Pro, and Workstation Player. The Horizon FLEX installation involves installing each of these components and performing additional Horizon FLEX-specific tasks. For a successful Horizon FLEX deployment, you must understand the sequence of required tasks.
- All hardware and software requirements are met.
- You have valid licenses for all components.
- You have downloaded the Horizon FLEX component installers from the VMware Horizon FLEX product download page.
You install Horizon FLEX by performing these steps:
- Install the Mirage system.
- Set up certificates for the Horizon FLEX Server.
- Set up certificates for Horizon FLEX virtual machines.
- Create a download folder for storing your Horizon FLEX virtual machine packages.
- Add a virtual directory in IIS for your Horizon FLEX virtual machine download folder and edit the site bindings.
- Configure Horizon FLEX to synchronize entities in only a selected Active Directory organizational unit (OU).
- Test the connection to the Horizon FLEX Admin Console.
- Install a Horizon FLEX Client on each end-user host, or instruct end users to install a Horizon FLEX Client on their own computers.
- Create and deploy Horizon FLEX virtual machines.