Welcome to the documentation for VMware Horizon Cloud Service! Learn how you can provide a Horizon Cloud environment to deliver virtual desktops and applications to your users.
Are you ready to get started with Horizon Cloud?
Learn how to:
- Locate useful information from your Welcome email to log in to your tenant environment for the first time.
- Deploy your first Horizon Cloud pod into Microsoft Azure.
- Connect your VMware Horizon pods to your Horizon Cloud tenant. Cloud connecting a VMware Horizon pod provides both for using the subscription benefits of your Horizon universal license with that VMware Horizon pod as well as leveraging the power of the cloud-hosted services that Horizon Cloud provides for cloud-connected pods.
- Leverage Horizon Universal Broker — the cloud-brokering technology that enables unified brokering of desktop and application assignments across both hybrid and multi-cloud Horizon deployments using a single connection FQDN for end users to access their desktops and applications.
- Use Horizon Cloud with managed infrastructure from VMware (VMware Horizon Cloud Service on IBM Cloud). note*
Using Horizon Cloud Documentation
You get up-to-date documentation with every release of Horizon Cloud.
- Find all about this release's new features and known issues by reading the latest Horizon Cloud Release Notes.
- Launch your start with Horizon Cloud pods in Microsoft Azure using the VMware Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure Requirements Checklist.
- Get off on the right foot with VMware Horizon pods with the VMware Horizon 7 with Horizon Cloud Service Requirements Checklist.
- Continue your journey to pod-deployment success by following the Deployment Guide topics, starting with Onboarding to Horizon Cloud for Microsoft Azure, Horizon On-Premises, and Horizon on VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Learn how to use your cloud-connected pods for maximum benefits from the Administration Guide topics, starting with Administration of Your Horizon Cloud Tenant Environment and Your Fleet of Onboarded Pods.
- Explore the power of using VMware managed infrastructure by reading the VMware Horizon Cloud Service on IBM Cloud documentation.
Except for the Release Notes, which are always in HTML, our documentation is also available in PDF format, which you can get using the PDF download icon () that's visible when you are viewing an HTML topic.
Update Your Older Pods to Get the Best Experience
Pods that are running on older software versions do not get the benefits of new features and bug fixes that rely on having the latest pod version level. Find out how to update your pods in Microsoft Azure by reading Updating Your Horizon Cloud Pod. Find out how to get the latest features for your cloud-connected Horizon 7 pods by reading Automated Updates of the Horizon Cloud Connector Virtual Appliance and Manually Update the Horizon Cloud Connector Virtual Appliance. To review the known issues in the older software versions, navigate to the release notes documents using the left-hand navigation pane.
More Horizon Cloud Resources
See customer success stories, explore spotlight videos at the Horizon Cloud product page.
Participate in the Horizon Cloud Community to learn from other Horizon Cloud users.
Are live classrooms more your style? VMware Education offers a VMware Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure: Deploy and Manage course.
Explore various knowledge modules in the VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone's Master Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure activity path.
The product documentation for older releases will continue to reflect the names they had at the times they were released.