Welcome to the documentation for VMware Horizon Cloud Service! Learn how you can have a Horizon Cloud environment to deliver virtual desktops and applications to your users.
Are you ready to get started with Horizon Cloud?
Learn how to:
- Locate useful information from your Welcome email to log in to your tenant environment for the first time.
- Deploy your first Horizon Cloud pod into Microsoft Azure.
- Onboard your VMware Horizon pods to your Horizon Cloud tenant using the Horizon Cloud Connector. Cloud connecting a VMware Horizon pod provides both for using the subscription benefits of your Horizon universal license with that VMware Horizon pod as well as leveraging the power of the cloud-hosted services that Horizon Cloud provides for cloud-connected pods.
- Leverage Horizon Universal Broker — the cloud-brokering technology that enables unified brokering of desktop and application assignments across both hybrid and multi-cloud Horizon deployments using a single connection FQDN for end users to access their desktops and applications.
- Use Horizon Cloud with managed infrastructure from VMware (VMware Horizon Cloud Service on IBM Cloud).
Using Horizon Cloud Documentation
You get up-to-date documentation with every release of Horizon Cloud.
- Find all about this release's new features by reading the latest What's New in the Horizon Cloud Release Notes. Starting in October 2020, the previous Release Notes pages are combined into one Release Notes page. A single page makes it easy to see which features have debuted in the service at any given point in time.
- Launch your start with Horizon Cloud pods in Microsoft Azure using the VMware Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure Requirements Checklist.
- Get off on the right foot with VMware Horizon pods with the VMware Horizon Pods with Horizon Cloud Requirements Checklist.
- Continue your journey to pod-deployment success by following the pod deployment steps, located in Onboarding to Horizon Cloud for Microsoft Azure and Horizon Pods.
- Learn how to manage your environment's fleet of cloud-connected pods for maximum benefits, starting with Administration of Your Horizon Cloud Tenant Environment and Your Fleet of Onboarded Pods.
- Delve into the steps of managing the images in your cloud-connected pods, described in Managing Horizon Images from the Cloud.
- Explore the power of using VMware managed infrastructure by reading the VMware Horizon Cloud Service on IBM Cloud documentation.
Except for the Release Notes, which are always in HTML, our documentation is also available in PDF format, which you can get using the PDF download icon () that's visible when you are viewing an HTML topic.
Update Your Older Pods to Get the Best Experience
Pods that are running on older software versions do not get the benefits of new features and bug fixes that rely on having the latest pod version level. Find out how to update your pods in Microsoft Azure by reading Updating Your Horizon Cloud Pod. Find out how to get the latest features for your cloud-connected Horizon pods by reading Configure Automated Updates of the Horizon Cloud Connector Virtual Appliance and Manually Update the Horizon Cloud Connector Virtual Appliance. For a link to the list of known issues, see the Horizon Cloud Release Notes.
More Horizon Cloud Resources
See customer success stories, explore spotlight videos at the Horizon Cloud product page.
Participate in the Horizon Cloud Community to learn from other Horizon Cloud users.
Enjoy learning in a classroom-type setting? VMware Education offers a VMware Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure: Deploy and Manage course.
Explore various knowledge modules in the VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone's Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure activity path.