VMware Tanzu Application Service is an app development and deployment platform for public and private clouds.
Cloud platforms let anyone deploy network apps or services and make them available to the world in a few minutes. When an app becomes popular, the cloud scales it to handle more traffic, replacing build-out and migration efforts that once took months with a few keystrokes. Cloud platforms enable you to focus exclusively on your apps and data without worrying about underlying infrastructure.
Not all cloud platforms are created equal. Some have limited language and framework support, lack key app services, or restrict deployment to a single cloud.
As an industry-standard cloud platform, Tanzu Application Service for VMs offers the following:
- Open source code
- The platform’s openness and extensibility prevent its users from being locked into a single framework, set of app services, or cloud. For more information, see the Cloud Foundry project on GitHub.
- Deployment automation
- Developers can deploy their apps to Tanzu Application Service for VMs using their existing tools and with zero modification to their code.
- Flexible infrastructure
- You can deploy Tanzu Application Service for VMs to run your apps on your own computing infrastructure, or deploy on an IaaS like vSphere, AWS, Azure, GCP, or OpenStack.
- Commercial options
- You can also use a PaaS deployed by a commercial Tanzu Application Service for VMs cloud provider. For more information, see Cloud Foundry Certified Platforms.
- Community support
- A broad community contributes to and supports Tanzu Application Service for VMs. See Welcome to the Cloud Foundry Community.
Tanzu Application Service for VMs is ideal for anyone interested in removing the cost and complexity of configuring infrastructure for their apps.
Explore the Tanzu Application Service Docs
The Tanzu Application Service docs include the following publications.
Learn More About Tanzu Application Service
For more information about Tanzu Application Service, visit the Tanzu Application Service Product Page.