A quick search checks all types of objects for the specified search term within the name or other properties of the object.
- Type the search term in the search box at the top of the vSphere Client window.
Multiple search terms in a quick or simple search are treated as if they are connected by ORs. For example, searching for example machine finds all objects with names containing either "example" or "machine".The search results appear below the search box as you type. The number of items displayed is limited to 10.
- (Optional) To display an item in the inventory, click that item in the search results.
- (Optional) To see more search results or more details about the search results, click All Results.
The search results are listed in a table. If differing types of objects are found, the table contains tabs for each type of object. For example, if a search finds hosts and virtual machines, the following tabs appear: Hosts, showing only host results and Virtual Machines, showing only virtual machine results.
- (Optional) To see additional information about the object, select an object in the results table.
- (Optional) To display that item in the inventory, double-click any item in the search results.