You can conduct an advanced search in the vSphere Web Client to search for managed objects that meet multiple criteria.
For example, you can use specific strings to search for virtual machines residing on a particular host.
- From the vSphere Web Client Home, click New Search and then click Advanced Search.
- Select the type of object to search for from the Search for drop-down menu.
- Select how to combine the search criteria.
Option Description any The search returns results that match any of the specified criteria. all The search returns only results that match all the specified criteria.
- Select a property to search for from the drop-down menu.
The properties available depend on the type of object you are searching for.
- Select the relationship between the search term and the property from the drop-down menu.
The options available in this step depend on the property selected in the previous step. For example, if you select a Name property, the options available are contains, is, and is not.
- Type or select the search term.
- (Optional) To add additional search criteria, click Add new criteria and repeat step 4 to step 6.
- (Optional) To add an additional search, click Add another object type and repeat step 2 to step 7.
- Click Search.
Search results are displayed in the details pane and in the navigator.
- (Optional) To see item details without leaving the context of the search, click on the item in the navigator.
- (Optional) To display an item in the inventory, double-click on the item in the details pane.