You can compare two image profiles by using the vSphere Client. For example, you can check if they have the same VIB list, version, or acceptance level.
- Navigate to
. By default, only the administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service.
- On the Software Depots tab, use the drop-down menu to select the software depot that contains the image profile that you want to work with.
- On the Image Profiles tab, select an image profile and click Compare To.
The Compare Image Profile wizard appears.
- Click Change to select a second image profile.
The Select Image Profile page appears.
- Select a software depot from the drop-down menu and click on the second image profile.
- In the Compare Image Profile page, select a comparison option from the Software packages drop-down menu.
The left side of the list displays details of the VIBs that the first chosen image profile contains. The right part of the list provides information about the second image profile. The VIBs marked as Same are identical in both profiles. VIBs that are present in one of the image profiles are marked as Missing next to the image profile that they are not present in.