Before you can work with software depots and customize image profiles, you must add one or more software depots to the vSphere ESXi Image Builder inventory. You can add a software depot by using the vSphere Client.
Verify that the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service is enabled and running. See Configure the vSphere ESXi Image Builder.
- Navigate to
. By default, only the administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service.
- On the Software Depots tab, click New.
The Add Software Depot window appears.
- Select the type of depot that you want to create.
Option Action Online Depot
- Enter a name of the depot in the inventory.
- Enter the URL of the online depot.
Custom Depot Enter the name of the depot in the inventory.The VMware online software depot is located at https://hostupdate.vmware.com/software/VUM/PRODUCTION/main/vmw-depot-index.xml
- Click Add.
- (Optional) Click the Software Packages tab to view the contents of the selected depot and additional information about the packages.
- (Optional) If you added an Online depot, you can also:
- Check for Updates to get the latest depot packages.
- Click More info to get additional depot details.
What to do next
- You can associate an image profile with a new vSphere Auto Deploy rule to provision ESXi hosts. See Create a Deploy Rule or Clone a Deploy Rule.
- You can associate an image profile with an ESXi host. See Add a Host to the vSphere Auto Deploy Inventory.
- Edit the Image Profile Association of a Host.
- Remove a custom software depot.