You can edit image profiles by using the vSphere Client. You can change the name, details and VIB list of an image profile.
- Verify that the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service is enabled and running. See Configure the vSphere ESXi Image Builder.
- Add or import a software depot to the vSphere ESXi Image Builder inventory. See Add a Software Depot and Import a Software Depot.
- Verify that there is at least one custom depot in the vSphere ESXi Image Builder inventory.
- Navigate to
. By default, only the administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service.
- On the Software Depots tab, use the drop-down menu to select the software depot that contains the image profile that you want to work with.
- On the Image Profiles tab, select the image profile that you want to edit and click Edit.
The Edit Image Profile wizard appears.
- (Optional) Change the name, vendor and description information of the image profile.
- Click Next.
The Select software packages page appears.
- From the drop-down menu, select an acceptance level for the image profile.
The acceptance level of the VIBs you add to the base image must be at least as high as the level of the base image. If you add a VIB with a lower acceptance level to the image profile, you must lower the image profile acceptance level. For more information, see Working with Acceptance Levels.
- Select the VIBs that you want to add to the image profile and deselect the ones that you want to remove, and click Next.
Note: The image profile must contain a bootable ESXi image to be valid.vSphere ESXi Image Builder verifies that the change does not invalidate the profile. Some VIBs depend on other VIBs and become invalid if you include them in an image profile separately. When you add or remove a VIB, vSphere ESXi Image Builder checks whether the package dependencies are met.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the summary information for the edited image profile and click Finish.