You can move image profiles between custom depots by using the vSphere Client. After you relocate an image profile, you can modify it without affecting the source depot's configuration.
- Verify that the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service is enabled and running. See Configure the vSphere ESXi Image Builder.
- Add or import a software depot to the vSphere ESXi Image Builder inventory. See Add a Software Depot and Import a Software Depot.
- Verify that there is at least one custom depot in the vSphere ESXi Image Builder inventory.
- Navigate to
. By default, only the administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service.
- On the Software Depots tab, use the drop-down menu to select the software depot that contains the image profile that you want to work with.
- On the Image Profiles tab, select an image profile and click Move to.
- From the drop-down menu, select the custom depot in which you want to move the image profile.
- Click OK.