You can customize the Onboarding Template in the Hub Services console to provide a curated experience for pre-hire users in the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub on a web browser. The template is configured to guide pre-hires to resource that can help them be prepared to start working on day one.
The onboarding template is enabled with the New Hire Welcome page, custom branding, and a simplified Hub app catalog designed for pre-hire resources. To learn more about templates and global settings, see Using Hub Template to Set Up Different Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Experiences for Users.
If mobile flows is configured in Hub Services, you can enable Notifications in the onboarding template and use mobile flows to process the notification workflows from systems such as Workday and ServiceNow. Pre-hires can access these systems directly from Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub to complete pre-hire tasks before their first day.
If Hub Virtual Assistant is configured in Hub Services, you can enable Hub Assistant to help pre-hires get answers to common questions.
See to the Workspace ONE Hub Services documentation to configure Hub Services features, including Virtual Assistant.
- If Workspace ONE UEM is configured, Workspace ONE UEM must be version 20.08 or later to configure Hub Templates in Hub services.
- User authentication is set to Workspace ONE Access in the Workspace ONE UEM console. See Enable Intelligent Hub Device Enrollment and Authentication Mode.
- Day Zero configuration steps are completed in Workspace ONE Access to configure the Token Auth adapter and set up the magic link. See Prepare Day Zero Onboarding in Workspace ONE Access.
- Pre-hire app catalog is created in Workspace ONE Access.
- New Hire Welcome page is configured. See How to Configure the New Hire Welcome Page in Hub Services.
Example Configuration of the Pre-Hire Onboarding Template
- Select to use the global settings for Branding or select a different version.
- Use the default pre-hire Hub Catalog that includes the apps that pre-hires can access.
- Enable Notifications. You can send custom informational and actionable notifications to individual pre-hires and to the pre-hire group.
- Enable Virtual Assistant. You can create a virtual assistant to offer pre-hire self-service tools. You can set up Virtual Assistant with mobile flows to let pre-hires order equipment and supplies. Make sure that the mobile flows connectors used in your ordering process are configured. See Setting Up Hub Virtual Assistant in Workspace ONE Hub Services.
- In the Hub Services console, navigate to the Templates page.
Click Get Started. If Get Started is not active, the prerequisite requirements are not meet. Review the prerequisites section.
- Configure the onboarding template. The default configuration is displayed.
The New Hire Welcome page is enabled. You cannot change this setting.
The global Branding setting is enabled. You can select another version of Branding.
The App Catalog with the app entitlements for the pre-hire user group is enabled. You cannot change this setting.
In this example, Notifications and Virtual Assistance are configured in Hub Services but are not included in the default onboarding template configuration.
- If you created different versions of Branding, click > to select another version of branding to display in the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub view.
- Review the Available section. All features that are set up in Hub Services and can be configured in the onboarding template are displayed. For each feature that you want to enable in the onboarding template, click .
Enable Notifications. Select to enable/disable New App Notification. For pre-hire onboarding, it is recommended to turn off New App notifications.
Enable Virtual Assistance. Enter the IBM Watson Assistant URL, API Key, and Assistant ID. This should be an assistant specific for onboarding pre-hires and different than the virtual assistant enabled at a global level for full-hires. Enable mobile flows for third-party workflows. See Setting Hub Hub Virtual Assistant in Workspace ONE Hub Services.
- Click SAVE.
When pre-hires access Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub, they access the features configured in the onboarding template.