vRealize Operations Cloud | 06 OCT 2020 |
VMware vRealize® Operations Cloud™ gives IT and cloud ops teams self-driving operations powered by artificial intelligence (AI) to optimize, plan and scale their private, hybrid and public clouds for consistent operations to drive agility and innovation. For more information, see product documentation and visit https://cloud.vmware.com/vrealize-operations-cloud.
- What's New October 6, 2020
- What's New August 11, 2020
- What's New July 09, 2020
- What's New June 02, 2020
- What's New April 14, 2020
For the complete list of new features and known issues in the October 6, 2020 update, see the vRealize Operations Manager release notes. Here are new features in the cloud offering:
- vRealize Operations Cloud Specific:
- Enhanced service availability providing 99.9% SLA, maintenance period for upgrades reduced to near-zero downtime.
- Simplified migration of custom content from vRealize Operations on-prem to vRealize Operations Cloud. Link to documentation: Managing Content.
- Improved user synchronization with VMware Cloud Services Platform, allowing users to import enterprise and customer user groups into vRealize Operations Cloud.
- VMware hosted email support for alert notification and reports. Link to documentation: VMware Hosted Email plug-in for Outbound Settings.
- Support for sending SNMP Trap notifications. Link to documentation: Add an SNMP Trap Plug-In for vRealize Operations Cloud Outbound Alerts.
- In-product marketplace for vRealize Operations Cloud extensibility using Management Pack for easy access and installation. Link to documentation: Marketplace for Solutions.
- vRealize Operations Cloud Proxy offers CLI commands and can now be monitored as an object from vRealize Operations Cloud. Link to documentation: Using the Cloud Proxy Command-Line Interface on Cloud.
- Localization of in-product support panel. View help text and documentation link in your own preferred language.
- Exclusive capabilities in vRealize Operations Cloud:
- Near real-time monitoring - 20 seconds - for vSphere Clouds for better observability. Link to documentation: Configure a vCenter Server Cloud Account in vRealize Operations Cloud.
- Application Performance Monitoring tool integration providing support for AppDynamics, Datadog, Dynatrace, and New Relic.
- Horizon VDI Infrastructure Monitoring supported via new Management Pack for observing the performance, availability, and user experience of VMware Horizon. Link to documentation: Application Integration.
- Enhanced vRealize Log Insight Cloud Integration including log-metric correlation and enhanced dashboards.
- Exclusive with vRealize Cloud Universal:
- Choice of Advanced or Enterprise edition of vRealize Operations Cloud. Details here: vRealize Cloud Universal.
- vRealize Cloud Federated Analytics for managing multiple vRealize Operations Cloud and vRealize Operations OnPrem instances. Link to documentation: vRealize Cloud Federation Adapter.
- vRealize AI Cloud for self-tuning and continuous optimization of vSAN clusters. Link to documentation: Configuring and Using vRealize AI Cloud.
With the latest update of vRealize Operations Cloud, the proxy needs to be updated to the latest as well. If there is an issue with the upgrade that results in the Cloud Proxy not being updated automatically, contact VMware Support.
You can check the version of the Cloud Proxy by navigating to the Administration -> Management -> Cloud Proxies page. You should have version 22.214.171.12492050 or higher.
vRealize Operations Cloud is available in the following two AWS regions:
- US West (Oregon)
- Asia Pacific (Sydney)
You have the option to request for the vRealize Operations Cloud service in one of the two supported regions, to comply with your organization's data sovereignty and data separation requirements. This is a one-time choice that you can make before starting to use vRealize Operations Cloud.
- A chat feature is available in the support panel. You can contact VMware support engineers and customer support representatives using the chat feature.
- vRealize Automation Cloud Integration is now available. For more information, see vRealize Automation 8.X in the VMware vRealize Operations Cloud Configuration Guide.
- For an additional list of resolved issues, see the vRealize Operations Manager release notes.
- After you uninstall a telegraf agent, the Operation Status displays, "Uninstall in Progress" instead of "Uninstall Success" in the Administration > Manage Agents screen. As a workaround, uninstall the agent once again. For more information, see Uninstall an Agent in the VMware vRealize Operations Cloud Configuration Guide.
- Cloud Proxy is affected by Authentication Bypass and Directory Traversal vulnerabilities. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifiers CVE-2020-11651 (Authentication Bypass) and CVE-2020-11652 (Directory Traversal) to these issues. This is now addressed.
- An issue with Service Discovery, which was handling data collection status for deleted and powered-off VMs incorrectly, is resolved. Learn about Service Discovery by clicking this link.
For the complete list of new features and known issues in the April 14 2020 release, see the vRealize Operations Manager release notes. Here are new features in the cloud offering:
vRealize Operations Cloud Infrastructure
- Connect and manage on-premise end point such as vCenter through locally installed Cloud Proxies.
- Install Cloud Proxy into VMware Cloud if vCenter does not have a public IP address.
- Cloud Proxy supports Network proxy (HTTP/HTTPS proxy) to connect to vRealize Operations Cloud.
- Cloud Proxy instances can be combined into Collector Groups for high availability.
- Automatic upgrade of Cloud Proxy instances when vRealize Operations Cloud is updated.
- Cloud Proxy to manage the application monitoring agents:
- Manage the life cycle of application monitoring telegraf agents directly from Administration → Inventory → Manage Agents.
- Start managing applications and configuring agents via Home → Manage Applications → Monitor Applications.
- Ability to connect to on-premise servers, through Cloud Proxy, for the following outbound plugins:
- Standard Email plugin
- Rest notification plugin
Cloud Management Platform
- Integration of vRealize Operations Cloud with vRealize Log Insight Cloud
- Integration is automatically configured when both these services are running in a single Cloud Services organization.
- View logs in context of the selected object in vRealize Operations Cloud.
- Launch into the full capabilities of vRealize Log Insight Cloud at the click of a button.
- You cannot install any non-native Management Pack. Contact VMware to request installation of non-native management packs.
- Dashboard sharing using URL, Email and Embed options is not available.
- Custom compliance benchmark is not supported.
- OPSCLI is not supported. Use REST APIs instead.
- Following outbound plugins are not supported:
- SNMP Trap Plugin
- Log File Plugin
- Smarts SAM Notification Plugin
- Network Share Plugin
- You cannot change the collector for a vCenter adapter. As a workaround, delete the vCenter adapter using suite-api.
- You must specify a working NTP server when you deploy the Cloud Proxy OVF. Alternatively, ensure that the ESXi on which the Cloud Proxy runs has an NTP server specified.
- Day2 Workload Optimization for vRealize Automation Cloud managed VMs is not fully functional in vRealize Operations Cloud. The VMs managed by vRealize Automation Cloud will not be relocated when executing the Optimize Now action from the Workload Optimization plan generated by vRealize Operations Cloud. The status in the UI will show failure, but this does not have any negative impact. Workload Optimization for other VMs that are not managed by vRealize Automation Cloud is not impacted.
- vRealize Automation Cloud Integration is unavailable.
- Organization member role doesn't work with VMC cloud account configuration. The workaround is to use the organization owner role to generate the API token for VMC cloud account credentials.
- If you have more than one VMware Cloud services org, and you receive a resource alert notification, clicking the notification takes you the default org and not the org from which the notification originated. After you click the resource alert notification, you see a blank page because the notification takes you to the default org.
- The API endpoint https://vrops-alerts.getsandbox.com/alerts responds with HTTP 400 if you add a trailing slash to the URL (https://vrops-alerts.getsandbox.com/alerts/). Do not use a trailing slash when you test the connection.
- The links displayed in the widgets of some AWS dashboards fail, because of incorrect URL mapping. As a workaround, add the correct prefix to the hard coded redirect path ui/index.action#/dashboards/dashboard/1803b3c9-8556-4469-b099-6a31eb789a3e. The prefix depends on the organization which hosts your instance of vRealize Operations Cloud. The following widgets are affected:
- AWS-Inventory Dashboard - Compute widget with hyperlink for EC2 resource
- Storage Dashboard - EBS Volumes widget with hyper link on region(s)
- Compute:EC2 Dashboard - EC2 widget where hyperlink is on regions