VMware vSphere© with VMware Tanzu™ is a platform for running containerized applications in vSphere. vSphere administrators enable vSphere with Tanzu on vSphere clusters to create a developer-ready platform where DevOps engineers and application developers can run Kubernetes applications in a self-service manner.
Learn About the vSphere with Tanzu Features
Before you turn vSphere into a platform for running containerized workloads:
- Learn what vSphere with Tanzu is and what are the supported workloads that you can run on the platform.
- Get familiar with the architecture and components of the Supervisor and Tanzu Kubernetes Grid clusters.
- Learn what are the different deployments that you can implement for the Supervisor.
- Check out the system requirements for zonal deployment of the Supervisor and well as for the single-cluster deployment of the Supervisor.
Once you understand how vSphere with Tanzu functions, learn how to install and configure your first Supervisor. The next step is to deploy workloads on the Supervisor:
- Learn how to provision and manage upstream Kubernetes clusters by using Tanzu Kubernetes Grid on vSphere.
- Checkout how to deploy Kubernetes containers directly on the Supervisor through vSphere Pods.
- Get familiar with deploying VMs on the Supervisor.
To keep your vSphere with Tanzu environment up to date, backup and restore, and troubleshoot, learn how to maintain vSphere with Tanzu.
Checkout what is the general workflow for using the vSphere with Tanzu platform and documentation:
Learn More About vSphere with Tanzu
Learn more about vSphere with Tanzu from the following resources:
- Learn about vSphere with Tanzu from the vSphere with Tanzu product page.
- Ask questions about vSphere with Tanzu in the vSphere community forum.
- Explore vSphere with Tanzu without having to install it using the vSphere with Tanzu hands-on lab.
- Checkout the technical content that covers different aspects of vSphere with Tanzu, from the latest features to deep-dive technical articles on the vSphere with Tanzu Tech Zone.
- Explore the articles about vSphere with Tanzu on the William Lam blog. William Lam is a Staff Solutions Architect working at VMware. The blog focuses on automation, integration, and operation of the VMware Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC).
Use the vSphere with Tanzu Documentation
The vSphere with Tanzu documentation reflects the latest changes in the vSphere with Tanzu platform that are delivered with the vSphere releases. For example, version 8.0 contains all the updates for 8.0.x releases. All our documentation comes in PDF format, which you can access by selecting the Download PDF icon on any page in the HTML documentation. PDFs for previous releases of vSphere with Tanzu are available for download in a ZIP archive format. The archive can be found under the vSphere with Tanzu Documentation Archive heading for each major version in the table of contents on the left.
You can create custom documentation collections, containing only the content that meets your specific information needs, using MyLibrary.