You must scan a vCenter server to discover all available VMs or VMs within a inventory like data centers, folders, clusters, resource pools. You can run the introspection process on the discovered VMs to identify running components.
- Register vCenter.
Ensure that you have the required permissions. For more information, see Overview Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu Roles.
- For introspection, you must have the valid credentials associated with the VMs. The VM user account should have the required permissions.
- Click Discovery from the main menu.
- On the left navigation page, go to .
- Select a vCenter server from the table.
- Click Scan and on the Scanning Options page.
- Select Apply Credential Policy to apply credential policy on the discovered VMs.
- Based on the your requirement, select one of the following:
- Click No, Scan Only for discovering the VMs
- Click Yes, Scan and Introspect for discovering the VMs and then discovering components running on those VMs.
Note: If you scan more than 2000 VMs together, you might encounter the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. Verify if the atvt_discovery_outOfMemory.hprof file is present at /log/iris/ and share with the VMware Support team.To resolve this error, run the following commands and increase the java heap memory space.
- Change values for parameters
systemctl --user daemon-reload
systemctl restart --user iris-discovery
systemctl status --user iris-discovery